Monday, April 2, 2012

Alberta Park Swap FOIA Request update 4/2/12

For the results see: http://no-villageatwolfcreek.blogspot.com/2012/05/usda-forest-service-decision-notice-and.html

As I've mentioned before I'm a independent working guy and it's no surprise I'll make mistakes along the way.  I received a letter (a week late because I was out of town) from the Rio Grande Forest Supervisor asking for clarification on my FOIA request.  My response:


Regarding:  RGF-2012-004
Addition to my 3/15/12 FOIA request
                           

Reply to Dan Dallas’ letter
of March 22, 2012
File Code 6270



Dear Supervisor Dallas,

Thank you for your letter of March 22. 
I’ve been west of here for the past week,
so am reading it for the first time.

Forgive my clumsy wording in the 3/15/12 letter. 
I’m a working guy not versed in legalize so this will be a learning process. 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The records I seek:

1) ... a copy of the 1986 RGNF decision that rejected the LMJV land trade offer for Alberta Park.

2) ... a copy of the USDA (or RGNF) order to Rio Grande National Forest officials to transfer Title to a 300 acre portion of Alberta Park to LMJV. 

3) ... most importantly, a copy of the decision/decree/veto ~ whatever it was ~
that reversed the original RGNF decision which rejected LMJV’s hostile takeover bid for the heart of the RGNF’s Alberta Park watershed.
{Which incidentally, is part of the source waters for the interstate, international Rio Grande River.}

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I thank (ST) for her helpful phone call and look forward to hearing from (TC) when she has some information.


Sincerely,

Peter Miesler

No comments:

Post a Comment