Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Hello Ukraine


Dear Ukrainian visitors and other Old World visitors to this website,

My name is Peter and this NVAWC website is my own venture, a hobby you could say.

This "information kiosk" is unaffiliated with anyone else, it's simple, just me sharing important information and some of my thoughts because I want to do my part in helping stop a thoughtless rich family from inflicting irreparable destruction to the heart of a thriving biologically productive complex watershed area called Alberta Park located up against the USA's Continental Divide, near Wolf Creek Pass, location of legendary Highway 160* that tops off at 3,310 meters.  Alberta Park is part of the source waters for the interstate/international Rio Grande River making it specially important and worth protecting.

OK, so that's what I'm doing here.  

Now, please allow me to ask you folks, what are you doing here?

I ask this because I've been watching my numbers with increasing fascination and curiosity about why people from across the globe would be interested in this local issue.  I've tried finding "Wolf Creeks" in Ukraine, Russia and other places to check that sort of link but haven't had any luck.  Is it just a curiosity about America?  Or what?  Here's what I'm talking about:


most recent week - Oct 1, 2014 6:00 PM – Oct 8, 2014 5:00 PM
Ukraine 81
United States 72
France     4
misc ...
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

most recent month - Sep 8, 2014 – Oct 7, 2014

United States 375
Ukraine 186
Germany   87
France   55
Romania   21
misc ...
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

all time - May 2006 – October 2014
(It wasn't until August 2010 that I started seeing serious visitation)
United States 10343
Russia   1385
Ukraine   1077
Germany     780
France     621
Turkey     539
Latvia     299
United Kingdom     267
China     219
Poland     128
misc ...
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

I'm sharing these numbers as an excuse to invite someone(s) from your part of the world to share your reasons for visiting NO Village At Wolf Creek.blogspot.

If not in the comments section, I also receive email at citizenschallenge@gmail.com

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
* Now for a little entertainment.  Many years back CW McCall wrote "Wolf Creek Pass" a fun story/song about driving over the treacherous old US Highway 160's 3,310 meter high pass.  Here's a video posted on YouTube featuring that song, but this time driving along the modernized US Highway 160.  At about 1:45+ the road passed the Alberta Park area off to the left.  The second video shows a view from up on the Continental Divide looking down on Alberta Park, site of the proposed "Village."







Uploaded by user208351 on Nov 14, 2009
This video was filmed with the RLC 940 Dash cam, visit our web site www.chevroletBlazerK5.com for more information.

The First song is from The Real McCall: An American Storyteller. The second is from Wolf Creek Pass. This was filmed on our 6600 mile road trip following CW's music. ...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Wolf Creek-West Alberta Peak

{looking down on Alberta Park area}



Wolf Creek-West Alberta Peak


No comments:

Post a Comment